Most of us take for granted that we have to get our car serviced regularly. It’s not something we look forward to, but we know we have to do it – or it will let us down when we need it most.
A regular review of your financial goals is just as important – and for the same reason. Life changes so quickly we can forget important updates to our financial planning. In addition, almost every year we see dramatic changes to our superannuation and pension systems, interest rates, the stock market and the property market.
All of this emphasises the need for regular reviews of your financial strategy and your investment portfolio. A full review should take place on an annual basis and cover such topics as:
- Have your financial goals changed as a result of changed business, job or family circumstances?
- Are you on course to achieving your objectives in the planned timeframe or are adjustments needed?
- Has there been new legislation or taxation changes which you need to factor into your plan?
- Have your investments performed as well as you expected and are they appropriate for current market conditions, or would you benefit from rebalancing your portfolio?
- Are you adequately protected against changing financial and personal risks?
If it’s been a while since your last appointment with your financial planner, it might be time to take a look at your strategy and portfolio to ensure it’s continuing to meet your changing needs now and into the future. Contact us for a review today.
Do you think others will like this? Please share